Antique Apothecary Chest of Drawers
A highly impressive antique apothecary chest of drawers, dating to the Victorian era, circa 1863. This original apothecary cabinet was bespoke built for the Brinsmead pharmacy in Ripponlea, Victoria, Australia. A stunning large chest comprising of 39 drawers and 3 base drop-down compartments, this extremely rare to find apothecary cabinet is in fabulous condition for its age. The majority of the cedar drawers which have a wonderful aged patina and warmth to to the timbers, boast their original shiny gilt Latin medical hand-painted labels and also the original glass knobs. The original hand-written medicinal names can be seen on the back of the drawers. This piece could easily be mounted on a wall as a piece of art or left floor standing and used as a chest of drawers.
This apothecary is the gold standard of antique apothecary cabinets: it’s got both original labels and original glass knobs. If a piece could be called perfect, this would be the one. An absolutely charming find that you might be lucky enough to come across once in your lifetime!
this product is already soldBack to all Objects
- Antique Apothecary Cabinet of absolutely stunning quality
- Australian, circa 1863
- 39 cedar drawers with a pine timber surround
- Original hand-painted labels & glass drawer handles
- 3 base drop-down compartments
- Great condition for the age, beautiful age and colour to the timbers
- Original hand-written medicinal names on the back of the drawers
- W 161cm H 114cm D 24cm